5 tips - How to improve your Instagram feedJuly 28, 2016
Maybe it is hard to admit but Instagram became major part of our lives. Most of us can't imagine having lunch without posting it on Instagram. Even though some people find it stupid and unnecessary, I think it is great. I love Instagram. I love finding new inspirational accounts and stalking other people. It is absolutely normal, welcome to 2016.
When I first opened my Instagram account I was a teenage girl in a high school. I remember, I didn't have iPhone so I waited until Instagram became available on my HTC Cha Cha (In case you don't know, Caroline from The Vampire Diaries owned that model as well, that's where I found it). My pictures were awful (no hard feelings Lucija - none taken) . I used Instagram filters, I posted XX pictures in a row... If you knew me then, you would probably (definitely) unfollowed me.
But today, many many years later, I found a perfect formula. I won't lie, it took me a lot of time and research but I finally made it, now, I am satisfied with my IG account.
A lot of you guys ask me about filters, which camera I use, how I edit my pictures etc. That's why I decided to share all my biggest secrets with you!
You should grab some popcorn's now, it's the perfect moment,
- For most of my Instagram posts I use Iphone 6. I have one small tip for you, every time you want to take a picture, clean your camera and press it with your finger a bit. I was always curios how other people who use iPhone have such a great pictures but that's why. Once you clean your camera with a tissue and press it, your pictures will be more clear, sharp and vibrant. UR welcome :) Beside iPhone, sometime I use pictures from my blog which are taken with Canon EOS 5d Mark II + 50mm 1.4 lens and pictures taken with Olympus Pen E-PL7 (this is my new camera and I will make a special review on it.)
2. Apps and filters
- I use VSCO Cam, Snapseed and Darkroom. I use VSCO cam for adding filters- A6, HB1, HB2 or S1. Those are my all time favorites. Sometimes I change tint and skin tone, depending on the picture I edit. I use Snapseed to edit brightness, contrast and sharpness. I use Darkroom to desaturate yellow shade on my pictures.
3. How to make your Instagram theme
- Once upon a time we all posted anything we want. We weren't so worried about hashtags, filters or how would some particular photo mesh with others. But today all those perfect Instagram feeds you admire have one thing in common- they have a theme. Sorry I have to be the one to break the bad news but that means from now on you will have to plan your feed. That means you can't post two selfies in a row. Awful, right? You have to make sure all thumbnails are connected to look like a story. And the most important thing - stick with one filter. If you use many different filters, mixing cold and warm tones, it will break your harmony and you Instagram theme is ruined.
4. Use #hashtags
- We all use those well known hashtags such as #ootd #wiwt #fashionblogger #outfit etc. but there are so many posts with those hashtags and it is not very certain that someone will notice you among all those posts. That's why you have to discover new hashtags which won't mix naked ladies and herbalife spiritual coaches together with your lunch. For example hashtag #thatsdarling ... There are so many, you only have to browse a bit and I am sure you will find a perfect one for your feed.
- I know some people who know some people who don't like other people's posts. When I heard about that, I was a bit confused. Instagram is all about liking and commenting on other people's posts. It's not about you or your selfies and showing off. It's about interaction with other people. Go like and comment and make new friend on Instagram.
That's it. Those are my 5 tips. Just to be clear, you don't have to do any of this. It is your Instagram account and of course we all have a right to use it the we we want. Thank's for reading :)